Skip to main content

You were always on my mind

So, I've tried to post several times over the last month, and just couldn't seem to make it happen.  No deep thoughts that I wanted to share. Nothing incredibly interesting going on.  Just life.  The good, the bad and the ugly.  But I've thought about it often. . .
If you noticed the picture change, we had a grand time at Disneyworld this Spring.  We were given an opportunity that we couldn't pass up - a chance to stay for free!  Four days of travel to and from and 4 days there - 3 of which at parks - and we had a great time.  I think that was longest time the 5 of us had spent together, ever.  There were lots of laughs and a birthday celebration for Kid #1. It was the first real family vacation we've taken that didn't involve staying at my parents. 
We survived another baseball season and Kid #2 in the AllStars - thought we were done, but got a call last night that Kid #1 was asked to fill a spot.  So, here we go again!  Good thing we love baseball - and our boys! Kid #3 started preschool this week and has done really well.  We've only had 3 out of the 4 days with mini-meltdowns as we head in, but they end quickly and she enjoys the day.
The Hubs and I celebrated 15 years of marriage last month.  Can't believe it's been that long, 15 years sounds like a LONG time. We had a nice date night that involved the best steaks we've had in a while and a pleasant evening listening to live music and walking - and, there was ice cream.  I sure like that guy!
Took the kids recently and spent a glorious weekend at my parents house - swimming, reading and relaxing.  We had a blast - but missed The Hubs.  There might also have been some home-made sugar cookies involved.
We are riding the wave of ministry, enjoying the highs of God's faithfulness and sharing in the lows of people's burdens.  The resounding message lately is that God is GOOD.  It's amazing how easily we forget that when things get tough. But He never changes! It's amazing how He shows up at the right time, every time.  And His Spirit draws us - do you notice? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am a Promise!

I am a Promise! I am a possibility.   I am a Promise,   With a capital 'P'. I am a great, big bundle of potentiality!     And I am learning to hear God's voice. And I am trying to make the right choice. I am a promise to be anything He wants me to be! (My future scientist, artist, engineer and vet are courtesy of the Houston Children's Museum.)

Tea for two!

Once upon a time, two ladies prepared for tea.  The smallest of the two played the part of hostess and laid out her fine china. Many lovely delicacies were brought out with the tea. The two ladies were dressed in their finest jewels and had their hair adorned in the most becoming way. Their dainty pink purses hung across their dainty arms. They gathered young babies and fed them with great care.  The babes were cleaned, bathed and put to nap in the cozy beds nearby. The two ladies were having such a grand time that they decided to invite others to join them in their tea.   The gentlemen neighbors were promptly invited to tea, but alas, they had a prior engagement (helping small frogs jump across the road).  Upon returning to their tea, the ladies met an unfortunate circumstance! They were attacked by a flock of angry birds!  The prettiest little lady adamantly declared "there's no angry birds having tea!" When the two ladies were safely seated back at their tea table,

Stupid is as stupid does

Ok, so have you ever had one of those days where things are just messed up?  That was me today. I stayed up too late last night so it was hard to get up this morning.  Had to be at work for an 8:00 meeting and caught EVERY red light between my neighborhood and work.  No big deal, they weren't ready to start when I walked in (with my supervisor) at 8:05.  But, in order to get there even close to 8:00, I skipped making a stop at the gas station to fill up.  I did the math all the way to work - when did the light come on? How many miles had I gone since then?  After work, I planned to stop at the nearest gas station - but, you guessed it, I didn't make it.  Nothing like running out of gas in rush hour traffic! I sat there, embarrassed, trying not to look at the people glaring at me as they passed me - I was stopped just shy of a major intersection.  The Hubs was close by so he came to my rescue - but my car keeps the radio and lights running for 10 minutes after you turn it off un