Skip to main content

Community

The Hubs and I were talking yesterday over dinner about how our "small" church has become just what we have hoped. . . a community. See, I take someone's son to school every morning when I take my own. His mom adopted someone else's dog that didn't fit into their home schedule anymore. One lady waits with her son and someone else's two children as they get on the bus so that the other mom can get to work early. One family picks up a young man to bring to church with them every service, while others help those with car situations get rides to places. Dinners are prepared and delivered to families in need. Prayer requests are texted and testimonies are shared the same way. People need people. We need a hand, a shoulder, a hug, an encouraging word. I read this post today and loved the idea of how just having someone present in your life can make such a difference! http://lotsofscotts.blogspot.com/2013/08/when-youve-forgotten-words.html Lord, help me to be your hand to someone today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tea for two!

Once upon a time, two ladies prepared for tea.  The smallest of the two played the part of hostess and laid out her fine china. Many lovely delicacies were brought out with the tea. The two ladies were dressed in their finest jewels and had their hair adorned in the most becoming way. Their dainty pink purses hung across their dainty arms. They gathered young babies and fed them with great care.  The babes were cleaned, bathed and put to nap in the cozy beds nearby. The two ladies were having such a grand time that they decided to invite others to join them in their tea.   The gentlemen neighbors were promptly invited to tea, but alas, they had a prior engagement (helping small frogs jump across the road).  Upon returning to their tea, the ladies met an unfortunate circumstance! They were attacked by a flock of angry birds!  The prettiest little lady adamantly declared "there's no angry birds having tea!" When the two ladies were safely seated back at their tea table,

I am a Promise!

I am a Promise! I am a possibility.   I am a Promise,   With a capital 'P'. I am a great, big bundle of potentiality!     And I am learning to hear God's voice. And I am trying to make the right choice. I am a promise to be anything He wants me to be! (My future scientist, artist, engineer and vet are courtesy of the Houston Children's Museum.)

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. . .

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I wrote a blog. Posts were few and far between at best. I was working 40+ hours a week at a job. There were 3 children at home with various activities and none were driving so taxiing was my side hustle (unpaid, grueling hours). The Hubs was working 50-60 hours a week pioneering a church and starting a side business. So much has changed since the last post, that I contemplated scrapping it all and starting fresh.  Or should I?   Always a challenge to get all my words out, I hesitate to even write this one. But I will provide a catch-up for history's sake... Kid #1 is graduated and trying to be a grown-up on his own in a different city.  College courses, which are mostly online because of the big 'C', working almost full time and a girlfriend keep him pretty busy, but not too busy to call his mama every few days.  Especially when the bank account is low.  Kid #2 is finishing up his last year of high school and living his best life