Skip to main content

Like drinking coffee from a china teacup

I did it. It was my turn. Everybody else gets to. So, I did it too. I went and had a great big emotional breakdown. Boo-hoo! It doesn't happen very often, but it probably should happen more. Why do I think I have to be the one holding it all together?! I don't expect other people to. Anyway, now that I have shared that and released all the pent up frustration (from unmet expectations, mostly self-imposed). . . I can provide a healthly list of things to do to keep this from happening again anytime soon.
  • Recline on the couch in pjs and stare at the fire in the fireplace, no tv and preferrably no children present (husband optional)
  • Drink coffee from a china teacup (tried this at our last women's fellowship and enjoyed it immensely)
  • Read a book - any book
  • Watch a girly movie - the tear jerkier the better
  • Sleep - more than 5 hours
  • Smile more (smiling's my favorite)
  • Yell less
  • Forgive more, then try it again, then do it again
  • Screw up, take a bow and then laugh about it later. Rinse and repeat.
  • Do something strictly for pleasure - make eat cookies, color a coloring book, paint something, dance around the house to silly music, drive to see something pretty, look for something pretty in the regular sights, buy some special candy or gum, wear crazy socks under your boots. Whatever floats your boat.
This is not an exhaustive list, just a list of things I plan to make myself do and often over the next few weeks. . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am a Promise!

I am a Promise! I am a possibility.   I am a Promise,   With a capital 'P'. I am a great, big bundle of potentiality!     And I am learning to hear God's voice. And I am trying to make the right choice. I am a promise to be anything He wants me to be! (My future scientist, artist, engineer and vet are courtesy of the Houston Children's Museum.)

Tea for two!

Once upon a time, two ladies prepared for tea.  The smallest of the two played the part of hostess and laid out her fine china. Many lovely delicacies were brought out with the tea. The two ladies were dressed in their finest jewels and had their hair adorned in the most becoming way. Their dainty pink purses hung across their dainty arms. They gathered young babies and fed them with great care.  The babes were cleaned, bathed and put to nap in the cozy beds nearby. The two ladies were having such a grand time that they decided to invite others to join them in their tea.   The gentlemen neighbors were promptly invited to tea, but alas, they had a prior engagement (helping small frogs jump across the road).  Upon returning to their tea, the ladies met an unfortunate circumstance! They were attacked by a flock of angry birds!  The prettiest little lady adamantly declared "there's no angry birds having tea!" When the two ladies were safely seated back at their tea table,

Winter Storm 2011

Well, I think we're going to make it. The threat of 5 inches of snow is now past - and we've not missed a single moment of electricity or heat. The biggest dilemma at our house is that the Xbox won't play right now.  Kid #1 continues to ask "What are we gonna do today?" and we finally answered with "Nothing!" I do need to introduce you to the newest members of the family. . . The two tetras have been around for several years and just got upgraded to a bigger tank. They have now been joined by 2 beautiful guppies and a molly.  None of them have been named yet, but I'm putting in my vote today: the black one should be 'Vader' (as in Darth), and I think the guppies should be Phineas and Ferb.  The tetras would have to be 'Peat' and 'Repeat' since you can't tell the difference between them.  What do you think?  (Which is funny that I ask, because a. you probably won't respond and b. they're not my fish to name) I&