Skip to main content

How is it mid-March already?!

Somehow, time has flown in such a way that one-fourth of the year 2014 is almost over. . . let that sink in for a minute. So, here's what has happened so far this year (or at least since I last blogged):
- Christmas came and went. It was glorious! Great gifts, baking bonanza, time off with the family. Could not have asked for more.
- New Year's Eve - fellowship and games, and prayed in the New Year with some of my favorite people. All prepped for a great year of promise!
- January included some work travel. Who goes to Calgary in January? This girl. Nothing like standing at the window in your hotel room on the 23rd floor of a strange city, looking out and seeing life happen - to remind you how small we really are! So thankful for grace and home and snow boots.
- February - the month of LOVE. Took a 7 day cruise with The Hubs. Can you say 'Fabulous?' It was! Especially since about 75% of the crowd was over 60 - I felt young and like I looked very good in my swimsuit! One of the waiters asked us if we were on our honeymoon - we laughed and shocked him when we told him we had been married almost 17 years. And admitted that yes, we were married in our pre-teens. The house got a good cleaning because the parents came and kept the fort standing while we were gone. I really like those parents!
- March - started with a bang (as in birthday bang) - I am now just a few (as in 12) short months away from the dreaded 4-0. Oh well.  Beats the alternative.  Had a great time with my gang - family, friends and church.  Got two cakes (the white cake with strawberries and whipped cream icing from HEB is the winner - sorry, Sam's chocolate cake). Gained pounds that I don't want to talk about. But had an all around great time!  Got a new vacuum (hello Shark!)  DISCLAIMER: I did not get a vacuum cleaner from my husband for my birthday.  It was simply because we needed a new vacuum cleaner and I was whinier around my birthday.
And that leads us to today.  March 11th. The middle of Spring Break for the boys - they are getting geared up for Intense - woohoo! The windows are open and I am avoiding cooking dinner because - what should I cook?! All in all, this year has been good to us and I am truthfully looking forward to the rest of it!
Much love

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am a Promise!

I am a Promise! I am a possibility.   I am a Promise,   With a capital 'P'. I am a great, big bundle of potentiality!     And I am learning to hear God's voice. And I am trying to make the right choice. I am a promise to be anything He wants me to be! (My future scientist, artist, engineer and vet are courtesy of the Houston Children's Museum.)

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. . .

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I wrote a blog. Posts were few and far between at best. I was working 40+ hours a week at a job. There were 3 children at home with various activities and none were driving so taxiing was my side hustle (unpaid, grueling hours). The Hubs was working 50-60 hours a week pioneering a church and starting a side business. So much has changed since the last post, that I contemplated scrapping it all and starting fresh.  Or should I?   Always a challenge to get all my words out, I hesitate to even write this one. But I will provide a catch-up for history's sake... Kid #1 is graduated and trying to be a grown-up on his own in a different city.  College courses, which are mostly online because of the big 'C', working almost full time and a girlfriend keep him pretty busy, but not too busy to call his mama every few days.  Especially when the bank account is low.  Kid #2 is finishing up his last year of high school and living his best life

Tea for two!

Once upon a time, two ladies prepared for tea.  The smallest of the two played the part of hostess and laid out her fine china. Many lovely delicacies were brought out with the tea. The two ladies were dressed in their finest jewels and had their hair adorned in the most becoming way. Their dainty pink purses hung across their dainty arms. They gathered young babies and fed them with great care.  The babes were cleaned, bathed and put to nap in the cozy beds nearby. The two ladies were having such a grand time that they decided to invite others to join them in their tea.   The gentlemen neighbors were promptly invited to tea, but alas, they had a prior engagement (helping small frogs jump across the road).  Upon returning to their tea, the ladies met an unfortunate circumstance! They were attacked by a flock of angry birds!  The prettiest little lady adamantly declared "there's no angry birds having tea!" When the two ladies were safely seated back at their tea table,