Skip to main content

Stupid is as stupid does

Ok, so have you ever had one of those days where things are just messed up?  That was me today. I stayed up too late last night so it was hard to get up this morning.  Had to be at work for an 8:00 meeting and caught EVERY red light between my neighborhood and work.  No big deal, they weren't ready to start when I walked in (with my supervisor) at 8:05.  But, in order to get there even close to 8:00, I skipped making a stop at the gas station to fill up.  I did the math all the way to work - when did the light come on? How many miles had I gone since then?  After work, I planned to stop at the nearest gas station - but, you guessed it, I didn't make it.  Nothing like running out of gas in rush hour traffic! I sat there, embarrassed, trying not to look at the people glaring at me as they passed me - I was stopped just shy of a major intersection.  The Hubs was close by so he came to my rescue - but my car keeps the radio and lights running for 10 minutes after you turn it off unless you open the driver door - and I didn't do that in the middle of traffic. Once it had gas, it should have started right up, but apparently without gas, the battery drained - I don't understand, but it wouldn't start.
There are still nice people in the world, so with the help of a stranger, The Hubs was able to push my car into a nearby McDonald's parking lot.  While he was getting out of his truck to come to my rescue - parked directly behind me with flashers on, a friend pulled up beside him and was able to pull into the lot and help get both vehicles out of the lane.  It was all God's timing - and even though I feel stupid, I know He had his hand in the whole thing.  I've never run out of gas before and I don't plan to do it again!
Another first, I drove straight to the gas station and filled up and it stopped at exactly $.00 - that never happens, no matter how hard I try.  Unfortunately, it was at $75.00!  I made the whole family late for baseball practice (The Hubs is coaching one kid) - and then, once I got there to watch the other kid (who had practice at the same time), I received the snack schedule.  Guess whose turn it was to bring snacks tonight? Stop the madness! I could not make this stuff up - and just so you know, there's not much snack selection at CVS.
Tomorrow is a new day and a Friday - and maybe I can make it through without doing anything stupid.  His mercies are new every morning, great is His faithfulness!

Comments

  1. I've been playing the gas game lately too...hoping I don't get caught like that, though! Thankfully the van has a display that tells you approximately how many more miles you have left before you run out completely. When mine stops saying an amount and just displays "Lo", I know it's time to stop. Gas has jumped to 3.21 a gallon around here, what is it in your area?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mama said there'd be days like this...
    Been there, honey! BEEN THERE! Ran out of gas on I-45 South one day and had to be towed to the repair shop. Just knew that my car had a major mechanical issue. The repairman called and told my husband what a dingbat wife he had and that there was nothing wrong the car that a tank of gas couldn't fix. AYE!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am a Promise!

I am a Promise! I am a possibility.   I am a Promise,   With a capital 'P'. I am a great, big bundle of potentiality!     And I am learning to hear God's voice. And I am trying to make the right choice. I am a promise to be anything He wants me to be! (My future scientist, artist, engineer and vet are courtesy of the Houston Children's Museum.)

Tea for two!

Once upon a time, two ladies prepared for tea.  The smallest of the two played the part of hostess and laid out her fine china. Many lovely delicacies were brought out with the tea. The two ladies were dressed in their finest jewels and had their hair adorned in the most becoming way. Their dainty pink purses hung across their dainty arms. They gathered young babies and fed them with great care.  The babes were cleaned, bathed and put to nap in the cozy beds nearby. The two ladies were having such a grand time that they decided to invite others to join them in their tea.   The gentlemen neighbors were promptly invited to tea, but alas, they had a prior engagement (helping small frogs jump across the road).  Upon returning to their tea, the ladies met an unfortunate circumstance! They were attacked by a flock of angry birds!  The prettiest little lady adamantly declared "there's no angry birds having tea!" When the two ladies were safely seated back at their tea table,

Winter Storm 2011

Well, I think we're going to make it. The threat of 5 inches of snow is now past - and we've not missed a single moment of electricity or heat. The biggest dilemma at our house is that the Xbox won't play right now.  Kid #1 continues to ask "What are we gonna do today?" and we finally answered with "Nothing!" I do need to introduce you to the newest members of the family. . . The two tetras have been around for several years and just got upgraded to a bigger tank. They have now been joined by 2 beautiful guppies and a molly.  None of them have been named yet, but I'm putting in my vote today: the black one should be 'Vader' (as in Darth), and I think the guppies should be Phineas and Ferb.  The tetras would have to be 'Peat' and 'Repeat' since you can't tell the difference between them.  What do you think?  (Which is funny that I ask, because a. you probably won't respond and b. they're not my fish to name) I&